All meals are plant-based (vegan), and prepared just for you!
Breakfast is included with your B&B stay; all meals are included with the all-inclusive packages and retreats.
Each evening we offer a 3-course vegan meal (soup or salad, entree, and dessert or a glass of house wine) based on fresh ingredients from locals markets and our organic garden. Dinner is priced at approximately $15 per person for B&B guests. Almost everything is made from scratch, including our freshly baked whole wheat sourdough bread and bagels.
Guatemala has amazing fresh fruits and vegetables with vibrant flavor. Produce is picked ripe here and sold the same day in local markets. We have a small garden, several fruit trees, and buy most of the produce in the local markets. All produce is disinfected with an ultrasonic washer.
Every meal is personally prepared by Traci using local produce; the prepared desserts and sauces are incredible. – Lee Hart, San Diego, California
Here are a few sample meals. With advance notice we can accommodate special dietary needs and food sensitivities (gluten, soy, nuts, etc.). We can also support a raw foods diet.
- Fresh fruit (seasonal, which may include pineapple, mango, papaya, bananas, berries, apples, peaches, and other locally available fruits)
- Fresh baked muffins or scones
- Our own whole wheat sourdough bread with local jam, peanut butter, or avocado
- French toast
- Oatmeal with almond, cashew, or coconut milk
- Tofu scramble (tofu scrambled with fresh veggies)
- Homemade granola with almond, cashew, or coconut milk
- Carrot Ginger soup
- Corn chowder
- Quinoa salad
- Veggie burgers
- Asian cabbage salad
- Curry cole slaw
- Pasta salad with fresh veggies
- Tempeh sandwiches with fresh greens
- Hummus and falafel sandwiches
- Vegan “tuna’ salad
- Pasta with fresh basil pesto
- Curried chickpeas and mango chutney with rice
- Roasted vegetable lasagna
- Veggie stir-fry with spicy peanut sauce and rice
- Homemade tomato sauce over pasta or veggies
- Mac ‘n’ cheeze (vegan cheezy sauce) and veggies
- Pizza with fresh veggies or seitan sausage and our homemade crust
- Traditional Guatemalan: Pepian served over tempeh with black beans and plantains
These are just a few of the possibilities!